The Girl Behind The Blog!
Hello, and welcome to my baking blog. I am a busy mum of 3 amazing children and I simply love to bake. I started writing my blog in October 2011 with the main aims of inspiring my readers to try something new and to open up a window into my life for other mums to relate to and for my children to enjoy when they are older.
I write about things that are important to me and include recipes that are family friendly and helpful as well as the odd lavish cake which appeals to my enjoyment of spoiling the precious people in my life on special occasions. You will also find relevant and honest product reviews and stories of my baking adventures.
Here are a few reasons why I am very proud of my blog:
- A lot of love and time goes into each blog post that I write. I think carefully about which recipes to include and how I can put my own stamp on them
- I am keen to keep sugar content in my recipes as low as possible (because a sugar high and then crash does not make for happy days with my children). I will sometimes use natural alternatives to help me achieve this
- I will use natural colourings wherever possible
- I include seasonal recipes on a regular basis
- I aim to be budget friendly by making use of all the things that are around me for free such as elderflower, blackberries, the neighbour’s excess rhubarb and fallen apples to name a few
- Because homemade = love = smiles
Here are some of my favorite baking adventures so far:
- Bake off winner on an episode of the Channel 4 show, Baking Mad with Eric Lanlard
- Baking for the author Katie Fforde in her ‘Recipe for Love’ competition
- Taking part in monthly blogging challenges that keep me on my toes
- Running my very own monthly bake club
- Writing guest blog posts for Foodies 100 and Bakingmad.com
Where I want to go:
The loveliest thing about my blog is the fact that it is an organic creation which is continually evolving and I’m most definitely enjoying the ride! My ultimate dream is to write my own cookbook. I have lots of ideas bubbling away so watch this space as I like to aim for the sky.
If you are interested in me:
I am open to new content writing opportunities as well as guest posting and would be happy to try new recipes, develop recipes or review relevant products and gadgets. For transparency will disclose any work I undertake for a company or brand at the bottom of the relevant blog post.
I am also open to discussing the possibility of advertising on my blog. Please contact me for details of spaces available and prices.
To discuss any of the above drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a message using the form below.
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!